Blazon: Issuant from an Astral Crown Or the upper part of an Ionic Pillar proper thereon an Eagle affrontee wings extended the head lowered an to the sinister of the first
Link: This badge is a Close Copy of the badge granted to Support Command which supported other RAF Commands and units, other Services and certain government departments and this function was symbolised by the pillar supporting the eagle and command status being indicated by the Astral Crown.
Date of Issue: This Close Copy of Support Command’s badge was authorised in August 1988
Motto: Latin: Ut aquilae volent – That eagles may fly
History: No.904 Balloon Squadron formed at Hook on 16 May 1938 and was renamed No. 2 Balloon Centre on 4 August 1938. This was renamed RAF Chessington in 1942. It became RAF Medical Rehabilitation Unit on 1 May 1950, which was renamed Joint Services Medical Rehabilitation Unit on 1 August 1968, which closed when the services were moved to Headley court on 8 August 1985 and the station was transferred to USAF control and although its final fate is unrecorded it is thought to have closed down in 1992.
Sponsored by Just Wood and dedicated to all who served at RAF Station Chessington