Awarded: June 1956
Blazon: In front of two Arrows in saltire points downwards Argent a representation of the Head of St. Edmund proper crowned Or
Link: The head of St. Edmund indicates the unit’s location near Bury St Edmunds, in whose Armorial Bearings this representation is included. This connection is further stressed by the arrows which in saltire symbolise St. Edmund’s martyrdom.
Motto: Latin: Pro anglia valens – Valiant for England
History: Opened on 3 May 1937. Remains current
Sponsored by FlyPast Magazine and dedicated to all who served at RAF Station Honington.