Blazon: An Eagle displayed crowned Argent and holding in the claws two Torches Or enflamed proper
Link: This station wished to commemorate the fact that No.16 (Polish) Service Flying Training School was located there during the 1939-1945 War and was done by adopting the Polish Eagle holding torches, an indication of learning.
Date of Issue: October 1949
Motto: Latin: Docimus et Discimus – We teach and we learn
History: Opened 1 July 1940 Closed 30 March 2001
Sponsored by Just wood and dedicated to all who served at RAF Station Newton