RAF Dishforth

Awarded: November 1954

Blazon: A Pack Horse Argent loaded Sable

Link: The airfield is bounded on one side by the Great North Road upon which pack horses carried their burdens for centuries and a White

Horse is carved on Sutton Bank, the nearest geographical feature to the airfield. The horse also represents the station’s operational transport and transport training roles

Date of Issue: November 1954

Motto: Latin: Par Oneri – Equal to the task

History: Opened in September 1936 and closed as RAF Station in 1992 (No record of month)

Sponsored by Just Wood and dedicated to all who served at RAF Dishforth