Awarded: January 1958
Blazon: In front of a Roundel Argent charged with three Bars Wavy Azure a Jay close proper
Link: The jay is to suggest the storage functions of the station. The roundel with wavy bars is introduced in reference to the family of Bassett who bore ‘barry wavy’ in their shields when they were Lords of the Manor of Bicester in the twelfth and thirteenth
Date of Issue: January 1958
Motto: Latin: Semel et simul – Once and simultaneously
History: Opened as an RFC station under the control of the Southern Army Command in January 1917, becoming RAF Bicester on 1 April 1918 before closing on 17 March 1920. It re-opened in 1927, receiving its first aircraft in December, and closed on 31 March 1976.
Sponsored by Just Wood and dedicated to all who served at RAF Bicester