No. 15 Group
Awarded: July 1943
Blazon: In front of two Wings conjoined in base Or a Lymphad proper the sail charged with a demi-Sun Or
Link: The badge is symbolic of the ancient ships used by the peoples who have inhabited the Isles from which this group now operates and of its functions. The ship is indicative of journeys over the Western Approaches, carried out under the protection of the group.
Date of Issue: July 1943
Motto: Gaelic: Dion ‘S Buail – Protect and Strike
History: Formed on 1 April 1918 as No. 15 (Equipment) Group at Birmingham, but disbanded soon after.
Re-formed as No. 15 (Aegean) Group at Mudros, disbanding once more on 1 September 1919. Re-formed once more as No 15 (General Reconnaissance) Group in Coastal Command at Lee-on-Solent on 7 June 1939 and finally amalgamated with RAF Northern Ireland on 1 August 1945
Sponsored by Aviation History Research Centre (AHRC) and dedicated to all who served in No. 15 Group