Awarded: April 1961
Blazon: In front of Wings conjoined in base Or a Lion couchant guardant Gules
Link: This unit, being located in Cyprus, chose as its badge a Lion – an emblem long associated with the Island since the Venetian period – and also to symbolise that the unit is watchful and alert. The wings have been included in reference to the flying role of the Station
Motto: Latin: In quadrivio paratus – They shall not come near us.
History: Opened 1 February 1944; Closed 1 February 1975
ponsored by Aviation History Research Centre (AHRC) and dedicated to all those who served at RAF Nicosia, especially during the Suez Crisis