Awarded: February 1947
Blazon: A Castle Or charged with a Cross Gules.
Link: The cross symbolises medicine whilst the castle stands for strength of purpose. It also appears in the Arms of Swindon which is near to the hospital.
Motto: Latin: Salubritas per industriam – Health through work.
History: Opened 14 June 1941 – Closed 1 April 1996.
Commissioned by Sqn Ldr D J C Crombie MBE., in Memory of Jennifer Ann Crombie (formerly F/O J A Lees PMRAFNS) who, as nurse and wife, served the RAF for 30 years.