Awarded: November 1965
Blazon: In front of a Sun in Splendour Or a Rod of Aesculapius proper
Link: The sun in the badge represents the climate of Cyprus and the Rod of Aesculapius emphasises the medical role played by the hospital.
Motto: Strive to heal.
History: A temporary hospital opened at Akrotiri on 6 Feb 1957 followed by the building of a permanent Hospital which was opened on 21 November 1963 by The Princess Mary, Princess Royal and Countess of Harewood, Air Chief Commandant of the Princess Mary’s RAF Nursing Service, and named in her honour. The name was subsequently contracted to ‘The Princess Mary Hospital, Akrotiri and the badge was re-issued as a Close Copy in 2004
Sponsored by Ivon Nigel Moore and dedicated to all who served at Princess Mary’s Royal Air Force Hospital Akrotiri.