Awarded: August 1944
Blazon: Four cubit Arms conjoined in saltire the hands clenched charged in the centre with a gear-wheel all proper
Link: The four arms represent the four-engined aircraft for which the unit trains flight-engineers indicated by the cog. The arms also number four in allusion to the number of the school.
Motto: Knowledge sustains
History: Opened at St. Athan on 1 September 1938; remains current.
Anonymous donor via Mike Cherry – Dedicated to all who have served at No 4 School of Technical Training.