Awarded: June 1959
Blazon: In front of a Lion passant Gules a Sword point upwards proper hilted Or and a Quill Pen point downward Azure in saltire
Link: The School being located near Hereford has adopted as its badge the Lion which forms part of the Arms of the City of Hereford. The sword and pen symbolize the administrative functions of the Service for which the apprentices are trained by the School.
Motto: Latin: Ex clara mente lux – From a clear mind comes light.
History: Following the success of the RAF Ruislip Apprentice Clerk Scheme which ran from 1925-1942, the creation of a similar post- war scheme was regarded as appropriate and the Administrative Apprenticeship Training School opened at St. Athan in May 1947, closing in August 1973.
Dedicated to all who served with the Administrative Apprentices Training School