Awarded: July 1945
Blazon: In front of Flames of Fire proper a Sword erect point upwards Argent pomelled and hilted Gules
Link: This badge is symbolic of the Squadron’s power to force its way through barrages of fire and fighter opposition to drop its bombs. It can also be taken as the Squadron’s raids with both incendiary and high explosive bombs.
Motto: Latin: Per ignem vincimus – Through fire we conquer
History: Formed at Grimsby on 25 November 1943 and disbanded at North Killingholme on 31 October 1945
Sponsored by Just Wood and dedicated to all who served with No. 550 Squadron